Here are ten things to do in Scottsdale, Arizona, along with links to help you plan your trip.
- Visit Taliesin West – Taliesin West is the former winter home of Frank Lloyd Wright, and now serves as a museum and educational center. The property is open for tours, allowing visitors to learn about the life and work of this renowned architect.
- Explore Old Town Scottsdale – Old Town Scottsdale is the historic district of the city, with a wide range of shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Visitors can wander through the streets, take in the sights, and enjoy a variety of cultural events.
- Hike Camelback Mountain – Camelback Mountain is one of the most popular hiking destinations in the Phoenix area, with a challenging ascent to the summit and breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Experience the Desert Botanical Garden – The Desert Botanical Garden is a beautiful outdoor space that showcases the flora and fauna of the Sonoran Desert. Visitors can explore the gardens, attend workshops, and enjoy a variety of events.
- Visit the Musical Instrument Museum – The Musical Instrument Museum is one of the most unique museums in the world, with a vast collection of musical instruments from around the globe. Visitors can experience the sounds of different cultures and learn about the history of music.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride – Scottsdale is known for its beautiful landscapes, and what better way to see them than from the air? Hot air balloon rides are a popular activity in the area, offering a unique perspective on the desert landscape.
- Golf at TPC Scottsdale – TPC Scottsdale is a world-class golf course that has hosted the PGA Tour’s Waste Management Phoenix Open. Golf enthusiasts can enjoy a challenging round of golf while taking in the stunning desert scenery.
- Visit the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park – The McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park is a family-friendly attraction that features train rides, a carousel, and a museum dedicated to the history of railroading in Arizona.
- Explore the McDowell Sonoran Preserve – The McDowell Sonoran Preserve is a beautiful natural area that offers hiking and biking trails, horseback riding, and other outdoor activities. Visitors can explore the desert landscape and see native wildlife.
- Attend a Spring Training Game – Scottsdale is home to two Major League Baseball teams, the San Francisco Giants and the Arizona Diamondbacks, who play their spring training games in the area. Sports fans can catch a game and enjoy the beautiful Arizona weather.
Links to resources:
- Taliesin West: https://franklloydwright.org/taliesin-west/
- Old Town Scottsdale: https://www.experiencescottsdale.com/things-to-do/history-culture/old-town/
- Camelback Mountain: https://www.phoenix.gov/parks/trails/locations/camelback-mountain
- Desert Botanical Garden: https://www.dbg.org/
- Musical Instrument Museum: https://mim.org/
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: https://www.scottsdalehotairballoons.com/
- TPC Scottsdale: https://tpc.com/scottsdale/
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park: https://www.therailroadpark.com/
- McDowell Sonoran Preserve: https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/preserve
- Spring Training: https://www.mlb.com/spring-training/